RIP Kurt Vonnegut


Saddened to hear one of my favourite authors, Kurt Vonnegut Jr died yesterday, aged 84. His work was a godsend a few years back, when I had a daily bus commute.

Some of my favourites include Slaughterhouse 5, Sirens of Titan, Mother Night, and Breakfast of Champions. I have a hardback of short stories still waiting on my shelf to be read, which I was intending to take on Holiday this year.

From Wiki:
In Chapter 18 of his book Palm Sunday "The Sexual Revolution," Vonnegut grades his own works. He states that the grades "do not place me in literary history" and that he is comparing "myself with myself." The grades are as follows:

* Player Piano: B
* The Sirens of Titan: A
* Mother Night: A
* Cat's Cradle: A-plus
* God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater: A
* Slaughterhouse-Five: A-plus
* Welcome to the Monkey House: B-minus
* Happy Birthday, Wanda June: D
* Breakfast of Champions: C
* Slapstick: D
* Jailbird: A
* Palm Sunday: C



Comments

Popular Posts